Friday, October 23, 2009

Church of St. Patrick in San Francsisco

Dear Ate Fleur,
In 1995. I had an opportunity to hear morning Mass at the St. Patrick Church across the Moscone Center in San Francisco. The people hearing Mass were obviously Spanish as they were so formally dressed. In the Bulletin Board of the Church were posters regarding their campaign for retoration work for the church.


Across St. Patrick Is Moscone Center and further across is the San Francsisco Museum of Modern Art where I spent almost half that day to enjoy the architecture of Italian Modern Architect Mario Botta and the rich collections of Modern Art in it.



The best feature of the SFMOMA that I like is the bridge acroos the ligh atrium at the center where prople seem to float in space as they cross it.


I went to the place by BART from Hayward where Rory lived. My stay was very brief and the next morning Rory, Ben, and daughter Kristen gave me a tour of other places including Pier 39. Just sharing some memories.

Mc

No comments:

Post a Comment